Skip to main content

Vintage Grace

Good day! I'm here to share with you what I created this week for Classy Cards 'n Such. The challenge this time is really fun and it's all about using the negative of a die on your project. I went for a very predictable die negative and created an oval window on the front of a card. I used white and a hint of gold to create an elegant, vintage and graceful, Thinking of You card.

I used Spellbinders dies to make this card. I began by die cutting my vertical card base using A2 Matting Basics A. You might have noticed by now that I use this set in every project... Well, this is a must have for a card maker and I highly recommend it (also check out A2 Matting Basics B).


I used the largest die from A2 Filigree Delight to emboss the front of my card and then I used the oval from the same set to die cut a window. I had to run the card through my machine and emboss it again since the texture had flattened when I die cut the window. But without the embossed frame it would be impossible to position the oval die correctly.


Then I added a Heavyweight Vellum lattice layer (die cut with Spellbinders Fancy Lattice) which I adhered to the card front from the inside and that I cut to size with A2 Matting Basics A. Last, I wrapped a piece of Old Gold - Sheer Asiana ribbon around the card front and my card base was ready to be embellished.


I added some nice die cuts, starting with a Fantastic Flourish Three I glued behind the oval window. I die cut a second corner flourish and cut by hand some pieces. I also made some small roses using Bitty Blossoms. I painted both the flourish pieces and the flowers with Yellow Gold Inka Gold and created a little bouquet.

I die cut one of the smallest rectangles from A2 Matting Basics A  and used my scissors to cut it's end and make a banner. I heat embossed a sentiment on it from Inky Antics' Holy Spirit's Fruit stamp set with Gold Detail embossing powder. Finally, I wrinkled the banner to give it a worn look. To finish, I added three delicate Baby Pearls - LeCreme.

I hope you like my card and feel motivated to participate this week on our challenge.  
Enter to win this week's prize: 
$10.00 Gift Certificate 

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used please click on each item's link to be directed to the store.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

 
This card is participating in:
Victorian Flowers and Fans - Lunagirl Moonbeams



Comments

  1. Beautiful card. So elegant. Love the vintage look. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! Thanks for entering your beautiful card in my "Victorian Flowers & Fans" challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely, i especially enjoy the dimension to your card thank you for playing with us at lunagirl moonbeams! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gracie, that is breathtakingly beautiful!! I couldn't stop staring at it! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha