Skip to main content

Versatile Cardmaking using one Product
- Featuring Fancy Pants Designs -

I believe all of us have bought products that we aren't able to use throughout the year. Maybe they're seasonal or maybe they only fit a certain style. What if I told you there are products out there that are so versatile, you can stretch them and use them in many ways, for different styles of cards and seasons? Well, today I'm sharing with you two totally different cards using the same product.

This is the first post on a series that I think could help you achieve a much more versatile and enjoyable cardmaking process, saving you time and money along the way. Today I am featuring a kind of product everyone should have in their stash, a kit.




Main Supplies:
Paper - Fancy Pants Designs | Flutter Collection Kit
Embellishments - Eyelet Outlet | Glitter Silver Dot Washi Tape, Vintage Washi Tape, Foil Washi Tape - Gold/Stars, Round Jewels - Pink/Blue, 12mm Jewel Bling - Clear Edge, Pink Pearl Bling - Multi Size - 100 Count, Flower Jewels - Clear, Gray Jewel Multi Size Bling - 100 Count
Stamp - Graciellie Design | Think Spring Digital Stamp Set
Dies - Spellbinders | Rose Creations, Classic Circles, Gold Circles One, A2 Matting Basics. Cheery Lynn Designs | English Tea Party Doily. Memory Box Dies | Botanical Stem
Miscelaneous - Pink Gross Grain Ribbon, Large Pearls, Gauze, Beige cardstock, Double Sided Adhesive, Foam Tape


Using the versatile Flutter Collection Kit by Fancy Pants Designs I was able to complete two cards, one for Spring and another one for Summer. Yes, both cards were made using papers from the same collection! This kit includes patterned and solid textured papers, decorative elements, buttons, solid and patterned gold foil cardstock and embellishments, journaling cards in three different sizes including large ones that would work perfect for a CAS card front. So, as you can see, the possibilities are endless... This is a very complete kit that gives you an incredibly diverse palette to work with and it is the kind of kit everyone need in their stash. Though it is meant to be used for scrapbooking, project life, and albums I decided to show you how much you can get from it for cardmaking too!

On my Spring card I used three of the softer papers in the collection and used die cuts to complete a cute and delicate design. It is really great to find a kit that allows you to create a variety of projects and as you can see, I found pastel tones in this collection that work perfect for Spring. Besides the die cuts I also added a lot of jewels, a couple of banners made from washi tape and one of my digital sentiments that I printed to coordinate the rest of the design.

On my Summer card I used elements and papers from the kit entirely -no die cuts-, and the result was so cute and fun. I love to use journaling cards to layer my cards and that is exactly what I did on my second card. The papers and elements complete the design so well, all I needed to do was add a few jewels and a bit of washi tape.

Take a closer look to the NEW digital stamp set I used on my first card here.


I will be back with the second part of this short series, sharing new cards using this same collection kit. Special thanks to Fancy Pants Designs for sponsoring this series.

Do you own a product that allows you to do versatile cardmaking? Let me know on the comments below.


Sharing with: Cheery Lynn Designs - Doily Theme / Memory Box - Blossoms & Bunnies / The Paper Girls - Rainbows / In the Pink - For a Special Lady / HIMCR - Spring Colors /

Comments

  1. They are both so gorgeous, Gracie!! I love the layers and designs!! Fabulous post!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so beautiful, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, so many pretty details, thanks for joining us at the PaperGirls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, Gracie! Both projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty in so many ways! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous designs; all the florals are so pretty :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha